According to the BetrSichV, the operator is obliged to check systems with explosion hazard as follows:
1.According to § 15 of the Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health (BetrSichV), installations requiring monitoring are to be inspected in accordance with the requirements set out in Annex 2 Para. 3 No. 4.1 must be checked for explosion safety before initial commissioning and before recommissioning after changes requiring inspection. During the test it must be established
- whether the technical documentation required for the test is complete and its contents are plausible
- the installation is constructed in accordance with this Regulation and is in a safe condition, and
- the defined technical and organisational measures are effective.
Typical test points:
- Testing of explosion safety (typical test points see TRBS 1201 Annex 1)
- Regulatory inspection (procedure description, circuit documents, ATEX certificates, proof of intrinsic safety, operating instructions, explosion protection document, zone plan, P&I diagrams, records of insulation/earth measurements, manufacturer’s declarations, commissioning records, …)
- Technical inspection: visual inspection, close inspection, detailed inspection, functional test
2. the periodic inspections in accordance with § 16 are subdivided according to Annex 2 para. 3 as follows:
2.1According to No. 5.1, the explosion safety test must be carried out at least every 6 years. The audit shall determine whether
- the documents required for the audit are fully available and plausible
- the tests referred to in points 5.2 and 5.3 have been carried out in full
- the system is in a condition that complies with this Regulation and can be used safely
- the technical and organisational measures laid down are effective, and
- the maintenance concept according to No. 5.4 is effective
2.2 According to 5.2, in addition to No. 5.1, equipment, protective systems, safety, monitoring and control devices within the meaning of Directive 2014/34/EU with their connecting devices must be inspected at least every 3 years.
2.3. According to 5.3, in addition to 5.1 and 5.2, ventilation systems, gas warning devices and inerting devices shall be inspected annually.
The results of the respective tests are summarized in a test record.
When calculating the test, we assume that the system is free of defects.
The regulatory audits are performed at the Düren site after presentation of the documents required for the audit (see Appendix). One working day (10 hours) is required to check the system for proper condition at the customer’s site, including Arrival and departure up to a distance of 150 km are included in the prices.
On-site appointments are difficult to implement in the current situation. Despite the possibility of video inspections, a plant inspection without an on-site appointment is always difficult and certainly only useful in individual cases. We will continue – under certain conditions – to visit your facility even in the current situation. Please refer to our internal guidelines as to which requirements must be met for such an inspection. Here you will find the corresponding concept.