Work equipment and pressure systems requiring monitoring within the meaning of the BetrSichV and the ProdSG, such as simple compressed air systems or complex process engineering systems consisting of several pressure vessels, steam boilers or pipelines, must be operated in such a way that the safety and protection of employees is guaranteed. The requirements for the operation and inspection of these systems/work equipment requiring monitoring are laid down in the Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health (BetrSichV). The responsibility of the operator already starts with the procurement of pressure equipment. In Europe, the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/64/EU (PED) regulates the requirements for pressure equipment and is implemented in Germany in the 14th ProdSV.
The PED applies to the design, manufacture and conformity assessment of pressure equipment and assemblies. In order to fulfil the basic safety requirements from Annex I of Directive 2014/64/EU, several sets of rules come into question (e.g. AD 2000, DIN EN 13445, DIN EN 13480), in which the calculation, manufacture and testing of pressure equipment are described extensively and in detail. Basically, operators have the task of defining the pressure equipment, carrying out risk assessments and determining the resulting inspection intervals and inspection responsibilities.
Services for the procurement of pressure equipment:
- Determination of producer responsibility within the meaning of the Pressure Equipment Directive
- Determination of the order specifications, also with regard to the resulting test cycles
- Review the required qualifications of manufacturing companies.
- Review of placement and module selection
- Checking the required welding documents before the start of production.
- Review of the defined inspection scope and inspection plan (ITP)
- Production support and implementation of interim inspections
- Conformity assessment (declaration of conformity) and review of manufacturer documentation
- Carrying out acceptance tests, assessing test certificates and accompanying pressure tests at the manufacturer’s premises
Services in the operation of printing plants:
- Determination of inspection responsibilities and maximum periods for periodic inspections according to BetrSichV Annex II Section 4 (based on existing risk assessments).
- Preparation of risk assessments according to TRBS 1111 and 2141
- Preparation of test programmes for pipelines requiring inspection (aim: testing of pipelines assigned to ZÜS by competent persons)
- Initial and periodic tests (external, internal and strength tests) of pressure equipment.
The weyer group has its own qualified persons in accordance with Annex II, Section 4, No. 3 BetrSichV and can carry out tests for work equipment, pressure systems requiring monitoring and system parts that are subject to the testing responsibility of a qualified person.