Carbon leakage refers to the relocation of production processes abroad with the background of escaping CO2 prices in one’s own country. “The national emissions trading system (nEHS) introduced in 2021 supplements the European emissions trading system (EU-ETS) with emissions in the heat generation and transport sectors. The additional cost of CO2 emissions creates a risk of carbon leakage. To avoid this, companies in international competition have the option of applying for aid on the basis of the BECV.
Our experts Mr. Konstantin Pientka and Mr. Patrick Bahlert from PROBIOTEC GmbH answer the most frequently asked questions on the topic on the related page. “What is the legal basis?”, “Who is eligible for aid?”, “Where can aid be applied for?” and many other questions.
The services of weyer gruppe this area are:
- Checking the requirements for eligibility to apply
- Support in compiling the relevant data, descriptions and evidence
- Preparation and processing of aid applications in FMS
- Support in the selection of a suitable auditor
- Support for the implementation and maintenance of energy management systems
Here you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about carbon leakage.
Do you have further questions on the subject? Please feel free to contact us:
Tel: +49 2421 – 69 09 33 62